Christmas Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bendit

Vessel Name
Pioneer
Vessel Make
Westcoaster 53 converted to pleasure
Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays if you prefer) from the antipodes.

Like hundreds of others here in NZ, we are about to depart on our annual*summer cruise.

The boat has never been heavier, with*400 gals of diesel, 180 gals of water, half a ton of food and*what seems like half*a ton of beer, wine, rum, bourbon, gin*and assorted mixers. You just never know who you'll meet and what their favourite tipple is.

I checked the fluids, the belts, the pumps, the filters and replaced the spares. I just hope I haven't forgotten anything. Last year, we had a completely trouble-free 2.5 weeks cruising and I hope it isn't too much to ask for another.

The weather looks good, the water temp is*good for swimming and there are plenty of fish our there.

So we'll cast off, with a falling tide, on Saturday afternoon and motor out into the Hauraki gulf*and its hundreds of islands.

I hope this gives you all something to look forward to during*this very cold northern winter.

Musn't forget the bait!

NICE!* Have a great time!* We have two one week trips planned for next year, one in July to the California Delta and one in August in the San Francisco Bay.** I am jealous of your 2.5 week trip!*

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!*

Enjoy your trip - I too am envious. Next summer I'll get 2 weeks up in the San Juans where my swimming will be done in a 1/4" Neoprene dry suit with my nice warm fleece liner - Burrr!!

(Wow a Christmas cruise without the heater going full blast - un-imaginable.)
Have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Bendit, Tis the season to be jolly and your just pissin them off.
Have a good one and think of those that have to work in an alcohol free enviroment.
Hope the weather is better in NZ than Oz wet as hell on the east & West coasts
Merry Xmas to you & a Happy New Year to you.

Benn

Wasn't my intention but I figured there was a risk....weather looks quite good except for a front coming through next Wed, Thurs. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Benn.

Back
Top Bottom