Dec 20th, North Coast BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Some days it's nice not to have a seriously engineered winter cover on the boat, and you can just take off when the conditions are right...

Attachments

• Dec 20th 2015.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Dec 20th 2015 #2.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Dec 20th 2015 #3.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Dec 20th 2015 #4.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Dec 20th 2015 #5.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #5.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Dec 20th 2015 #6.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #6.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Dec 20th 2015 #7.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #7.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 141
Murray,
And the cover on your boat has sound and tempeture insulation.

At least the marina does not look too full. No noisy inebriated blonds running around in bikinis. The guys down south have to put up with that crap all the time.

At least the marina does not look too full. No noisy inebriated blonds running around in bikinis. The guys down south have to put up with that crap all the time.

Yup, it's awfully quiet alright...didn't see another boat out there all day.

Quite a few people pull their boats onto the hard for the winter. Is there really such a thing as "boating season"?

Last edited:
A few more from todays run...

Attachments

• Dec 20th 2015 #8.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #8.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Dec 20th 2015 #9.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #9.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Dec 20th 2015 #10.jpg
    Dec 20th 2015 #10.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 133
Looks great up there. I wish it was like that down here right tnow. Thanks for posting the shots.

Looks great up there. I wish it was like that down here right tnow. Thanks for posting the shots.

Hey, you never know...Vancouver is forecasted to have a white Christmas while Toronto and Montreal might be green.

I was hoping for lots of snow to stick to the trees all the way down to the waterline and for some sunshine, but as a photographer you just have to roll with whatever Nature hands you.

Last edited:

Noisy inebriated blonds running around in bikinis need love, too.

Hey Murray. I saw you had a winter storm just go through there. Have you dug out yet?

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Hey Murray. I saw you had a winter storm just go through there. Have you dug out yet?

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Hardly a storm by Kitimat standards...only got about a foot or so. Going for a day trip up Kildala Arm tomorrow, so I'm hoping the snow will be stuck to the trees all the way down to the waterline

Going for a day trip up Kildala Arm tomorrow, so I'm hoping the snow will be stuck to the trees all the way down to the waterline[/QUOTE]

Good Morning Murray- Just Google Earthed Kildala Arm. Quit a day trip!!:thumb: I see there is actually a road to the village. Good that you are going out. We plan a day fishing trip once or twice in the coming week with visiting Great Grand-Son-In law and boy. Have a nice trip and glad we live where we both do.

Al

Hi Al,

What you see is part of the power line from Kemano to Kitimat, not a road. There was a time you could drive the access road under the power lines, but they decommissioned all the bridges years ago.

Should be purdy :thumb:

Murray,

A fair bit of time on Douglas Channel, but not as much as you have. I am the person that gave you the link to the aerial photos of Douglas Channel.

Here is a link to the Prince Rupert area - about 3,000 km of coastal imagery (go to the bottom of the intro page to link into the photo site). Some awesome photos of the Prince Rupert water front and if you have time, take a look at Tuck Narrows . . .

Prince Rupert Port Authority

Neat presentation. Prince Rupert has found the Golden Pebble. It is all about location, location, location.:)

Hope Alaska can maintain the ferry terminal there!! Something has to change with the fiscal woes of Alaska.:ermm:

Thanks for sharing with Murray and turn with all of us.:thumb:

Al-Ketchikan

Hi John,

That's a mind boggling amount of photographs and video!

Thanks again for the link to the Haisla territory shoreline images. There are some places visible from the helicopter that you can't see from a boat, like hidden waterfalls in the Giltoyees for example, that we'll be visiting for sure.

Back
Top Bottom