Kemah, Florida and beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a nice little marina but not really walkable to anything IIRC.

When I was there a barge actually hit one of those bridge pylons. ?

Cardude, we came prepared :)

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 108
Nice. Now do you get that big Harley Davidson on and off the boat?

��

Not easy. First you have to remove the 300 pound guy in the black leather vest. Then you.....:)

Good time to do a little maintenance-Tell Ray to clean my boat real good.lol You get the door working? Of coarse you probably have time to overhaul a motor, etc with the way the weather is going.:rolleyes:

Hi Doug, yep sliding door slides, shore water connection now actually gets water into the boat instead of all over it, rails all polished. Scrubbed all the shore power cords.... ready to move on lol. Steve has taken us shopping twice, Kartracer has visited several times, an old friend stopped by and took us out for dinner. Southern hospitality at it's finest!

Update: The weather front blew through last night dumping several inches of rain. We have decided to wait one more day in Houma so as to arrive in Gulfport Saturday afternoon. Sunday will be a day of rest and then we will cross the sound Monday. Look forward to meeting more TF folk in Gulfport!

I was really surprised how rough it was in the Mississippi Sound when I crossed it. I caught it in strong SE winds and had to beat into the waves for hours.

This was back before I knew I was supposed to wait on the weather. ?

Hi Doug, yep sliding door slides, shore water connection now actually gets water into the boat instead of all over it, rails all polished. Scrubbed all the shore power cords.... ready to move on lol. Steve has taken us shopping twice, Kartracer has visited several times, an old friend stopped by and took us out for dinner. Southern hospitality at it's finest!
LOL:thumb:You are going to gain weight on this voyage. If you have time stop into Pascagoula and check out the huge ship yard(Engels). Lots of Navy ships. Just a little out of the way. Worth the 2/3 hours to explore. Keep us up to date.

Where are you guys ????

We spent the night after we left you and the wonderful dinner anchored in Hero canal. Two power boats and one sailboat all swinging on one anchor (of indeterminate size, weight, make, country of origin or color) and then did both locks and out the other end in about 1.5 hours. We where anchored up and drinking beer at 12:30!!

We are now in Gulfport after a relatively smooth trip. The weather is about to get nasty so will be here until Tuesday. No idea which Tuesday but will keep you all informed :popcorn:

We found a beverage dispensing establishment with awesome Bloody Mary capabilities at 12:32 and got home a few minutes ago so if Iff I did a feww spelllin mistokes, get over it :)

So, Thanksgiving will be spent here in Gulfport. The weather has made this decision for us lol. Temperatures are below 40 and I am thinking I may have to put fur lining on my flip flops. It is hard to believe they are predicting 10 foot seas in a bay with only 10 - 15 feet of depth! So we will enjoy the hospitality of Gulfport (and TF member Forklift) for the rest of the week. The weather should break over the weekend (especially at night) so may do an overnighter to get across Mobile Bay.

This will of course adversely effect our miles per day average but greatly improve our daily fuel burn. :) I added the smiley face for those that were starting to get their calculators out.....

Well, I think your mpda(miles per day average) has declined somewhat. From 12 to possibly 8 or 9.:)lol Stay warm

A Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and supporters. You know who you are and we are eternally grateful!!

A Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and supporters. You know who you are and we are eternally grateful!!
Ditto to you and Ray and the "Girls":)

A few pictures of Gulfport before we leave in the morning. We will anchor out at Dauphin island tomorrow, cross Mobil bay on Sunday and anchor at Pirates cove. Monday will have us in Pensacola if all goes well.

A 1952 Biloxi Lugger 34 feet
A Burger out of Pickwick
The terrible two

Attachments

• 2 Gulfport.jpg
    2 Gulfport.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 3 Gulfport.jpg
    3 Gulfport.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 112
  • 4 Gulfport.jpg
    4 Gulfport.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 112
Blue
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving-Did you try the stuffed chickens yet? Keep us posted.

A few pictures of Gulfport before we leave in the morning. We will anchor out at Dauphin island tomorrow, cross Mobil bay on Sunday and anchor at Pirates cove. Monday will have us in Pensacola if all goes well.

A 1952 Biloxi Lugger 34 feet
A Burger out of Pickwick
The terrible two

If Pirate's Cove is where I think it is, you may want to try Ingrams Bayou instead. We've many peaceful days there at anchor.

ddalme if you are talking about the Hebert stuffed chickens they did not make it pass Houma!! LOL

Bob it's 5:30 and no wind no noise.We are at the mouth of In Ingrams bayou. We arrived after dark so stayed just outside. I can't wait for the sun to come up!

Ingrams Bayou is nice also Roberts Bayou behind Pirate's Cove. You all have a great trip!

Came through there in April of '05. Tried to get into Roberts Bayou but ran aground at the entrance. Went back to Ingrams. Took the dinghy to Roberts Bayou and found it full of sunken boats. Result of Ivan i think.

Spent five nights, we just love that anchorage. Had one meal at Pirate's Cove, were not impressed and spent the rest of the time on the hook in Ingrams, love that watermaker.

One extreme to the other. The peace and quiet of Ingrams Bayou, to the inner harbor of Destin. Music from several bars, lights, what a contrast lol. Love it all but gotta say I prefer the quiet. That said, we will probably stay a week and see all that Destin has to offer. I know I know, I have to post pictures..... :)

Blue! Finally got a chance to catch up on your travels...sounds like you've had a GREAT time so far! My wife and I are currently on the boat with our 2 grown boys....had a pretty good Thanksgiving here...albeit rain/wind/cold...but it's family that counts! Keep up the good times, and HAPPY TRAILS ahead for you !

Hi Kevin, great to see you taking a few days off (and with family to boot!). Well we just had a squall come through (at 03:00 of course) and got to watch several boats redeploy anchors. This is a pretty protected anchorage (downtown Destin) and I guess it's easy to forget the power of these winter storms. We found a Wall of Beers (over 1,000 different beers!) and there is still a few that I haven't tasted yet, so all is good :)

Can't believe you quit before you'd tasted them ALL.....but I'm sure you'll rectify that at the next sitting. Gotta love the anchor redeploy dance.....I'm still not even comfortable enough anchoring to actually go to bed..........I worry too much.

Can't believe you quit before you'd tasted them ALL.....but I'm sure you'll rectify that at the next sitting. Gotta love the anchor redeploy dance.....I'm still not even comfortable enough anchoring to actually go to bed..........I worry too much.

Same here with anchoring. It took me forever to get comfortable enough to get some decent sleep. I'm still not very good at anchoring, but prefer it to docking at a marina-- probably because I'm not very good at docking either!

Blue:

Sounds like y'all are having a great trip! I'm envious as I sit here in Victoria Tx in the "cold" weather-- I only visit the boat once a week or so to check on it or to do repairs. Not good! I need a trip!

Last edited:
Cardude, If you leave now you will probably overtake me before I get to Clearwater lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom