Troy's boat(Slow Ride) Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
This was a while back when the sun used to shine around here....startinf to feel like Seattle.* I dunno how you PNWers do it.* Just thought I would throw these up because I was sifting thru them and thought they were nice.* Troy, I have litterally about*50 of these in high res(5mb each).* I was just doing the shotgun approach of letting the shutter fly as we passed you by.* So the angles oare from starboard aft quarter thru at least forward quarter.

Attachments

• pc303664 (large).jpg
    pc303664 (large).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 84
  • pc303668 (large).jpg
    pc303668 (large).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 112
John---

The secret to living in the PNW is to have lived somewhere sunny and warm so long that you're sick of it. I lived in Hawaii for damn near 30 years. When we moved over there, there were only three hotels in Waikiki--- the Royal Hawaiian, the Moana, and they'd just finished the Surfrider.

I didn't like the place when we first got there, but when I finally managed to escape in 1979 I vowed I would never live anywhere with boring, hot, sunny days again. The more it rains, snows, blows volcanoes, you name it up here, the better I like it. The only thing I don't like is wind because it screws up the floatplane flying and the boating, but that applies to anywhere, even sunny places.

To me, the United States includes only the area north of California and west of the Mississippi River plus Maine and Alaska. The rest of it can be given back to whoever we stole it from
smile.gif

But Marin, I like girls in Bikinis!

-- Edited by Baker at 13:15, 2008-01-29

Quite an attractive vessel although the placemant of the radar dome negates using the flybridge and the radar at the same time (unless you're finished having children). Regarding the weather situation in the PNW, I can see how you'd be sick of constant sun (a la Hawaii) but by the same token, someone who lived in Alaska (for example ONLY) might be sick of the "benifits" you mention.

John---

Very valid point. However...... since the sun is such a rare comodity up here, when it does come out, the girls are so desperate for exposure that even a bikini is considered too much cover. You have to wait awhile between appearances, true, but when the sun does come out the wait is worth it
smile.gif

RT Firefly wrote:

Quite an attractive vessel although the placemant of the radar dome negates using the flybridge and the radar at the same time (unless you're finished having children). Regarding the weather situation in the PNW, I can see how you'd be sick of constant sun (a la Hawaii) but by the same token, someone who lived in Alaska (for example ONLY) might be sick of the "benifits" you mention.
I agree about the radar, I am not too worried about having kids but i will not going to*leave the radar on when I am on the bridge.... This is how the previous owner set the boat up so I will have to fix it one day. MOST of the time when I really need radar I like to be inside the boat so it will work for now, one day I will move it.*

John, I would like to see those pics! I agree, I hate this weather, I am ready for the bikinis.

The only time I was in Seattle the weather was beautiful, so I guess I didnt get a real look at the place.

Funny, as a native Floridian who has spent quite a bit of time in Seattle and Portland, I like the weather in the PNW. I've spent about 15 weeks there all total, mostly in early winter/late fall and I can only recall one time when it rained. Some drizzle, but no real rain.

On the other hand, I gotta say most of the girls I've seen and know from that area, with a few notable exceptions, I don't really want to see in a bikini. I guess living in a college town, in Florida, spoils you that way
smile.gif

Doug, the times you mentioned that you visited are the nicest times of the year.

Doug---

No way we can compete with Florida when it comes to girls in bikinis. But you know what they say about every girl being pretty when you've been in a dark bar long enough. Well, that's sort of the situation here.

Back
Top Bottom