Princess Electric Stove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeM

Vessel Name
Tuscan Sun
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
I am guessing our stove is original to the boat...so 24 or so years old. The receptacles that the burners plug into are in bad shape and do not always make a good connection. They look like every burner receptacle I have ever seen on an electric stove top. Does anyone know if they are something that I could buy at Lowes or Home Depot? I haven't had any luck so far finding a Princess replacement.

Thanks, Mike

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Seaward, Dickinson, Anderson others are drop in (electric or propane) and are available from Sure Marine, Fisheries Supply, and many online vendors. The above will also have parts available.

A 24 year old stove? Have you thought about a new stove? Once I start replacing parts, I usually find it's time to replace the unit when we're talking boats. :)

A 24 year old stove? Have you thought about a new stove? Once I start replacing parts, I usually find it's time to replace the unit when we're talking boats. :)

Larry,

Yes I have thought about it. Other than these connectors it is in pretty good shape. I was thinking about replacing it next summer. I have spent a lot of money getting ready to head South...which we are doing on 1 Nov. I thought that if I could get these parts at HD, then it would be worth it to do some work now.

Mike

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

Home Cheapo , True Value , ACE, will have the burners but probably not the connectors.

Any shop that supplies air cond, fridge and stove repairer will, even Grainger might list them.

Older stuff is usually heavier built a big step above a new unit.

The connectors are EZ to wire in and 4 should give change to a $20.

Home Cheapo , True Value , ACE, will have the burners but probably not the connectors.

Any shop that supplies air cond, fridge and stove repairer will, even Grainger might list them.

Older stuff is usually heavier built a big step above a new unit.

The connectors are EZ to wire in and 4 should give change to a $20.

Thanks FF. I'd like to find something before we head South. It's hit or miss right now as to which burner will work.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

It's hit or miss right now as to which burner will work.

A half hour with a Scotch Bright pad might help loads.

Yes, I replaced mine with hardware store replacement sockets.

Electric ranges

I just replaced a electric range. Currently hard to come by. Finally had to buy a gimbled stove and conversion kit . Fishery's supply finally came through. The customer wanted electric instead of the new propane range that was in the boat. Go figure. We were able to get a force range. I don't think the princes stove is available. N

Call Sure Marine and checkout the website. I just replaced all the sockets and coils on our princess stove. Be aware that if it is a 3-burner stove the back coil is a lower watt (500?) rating than the two forward burners (1200?).

Call Sure Marine and checkout the website. I just replaced all the sockets and coils on our princess stove. Be aware that if it is a 3-burner stove the back coil is a lower watt (500?) rating than the two forward burners (1200?).

Yes, that is what we have. The back burner only goes to medium.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

"Finally had to buy a gimbled stove and conversion kit"

This is GOOD! not bad, as scalding is really much un fun!

Yes, that is what we have. The back burner only goes to medium.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

This is true, however, the back burner has a lower wattage rating than the front ones which is marked on one of the ribs underneath. Make sure you put the right coil in the right position. :thumb:

This is true, however, the back burner has a lower wattage rating than the front ones which is marked on one of the ribs underneath. Make sure you put the right coil in the right position. :thumb:

Thanks. I'll check that. I may have them mixed up.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

WOW - Now there's something important to learn over morning coffee! Never realized/knew that. When cleaning stove top I simply always made sure to place same coils in same burner location... force of habit on dealing with all mechanical/electric items.

I'll have to check that out on our stove. She's the original in our 38 yr old Tolly.

Stove works flawlessly and I always have heated coffee drip-filter water only on back burner. Will try heating on front burner(s) and watch gen set volt/amp meters in comparison as well as to time the heating to a boil process to reach whistle time.

Attachments

• Coffe Anyone.jpg
    Coffe Anyone.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 74
I just pulled my burners. The back is a 550W and the two front burners are 1100W.

Back
Top Bottom