Identify Bilge Pump Controller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Britannia

Wannabe
Vessel Name
Stillwater
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi

I wonder if someone could identify this bilge pump controller. It's on my 1988 Krogen 54, though I don't think it was the original install. There is a separate Wema Systems bilge pump switch and also a control panel that allows the bilge to be manually triggered (it will turn itself off when emptied). I have three on board, the one in the engine bilge will not turn on automatically, and it will not turn off once triggered manually. I have to reset it by cycling the breaker for the bilge pump. I think that the Wema Systems switch has failed but I want to know what I'm working with before I start trying to fix anything.

10115-albums347-picture2402.jpg

Thanks

Richard

Shameless bump just in case someone missed it first time around.

Hoping someone can help me identify this before I jump in with two left hands!

Richard

I am not a fan of something electronic operating bilge pumps. I would replace it with a more conventionally wired bilge pump system where each pump is wired like this with a spdt switch at the main panel.

http://www.boatus.com/boattech/assets/img/14_A.gif

David
David,

Yes - I'm familiar with that approach - my sailboat had that setup. I could certainly convert back. I'd like to understand in a bit more detail what I actually have before I take an axe to it :)

My experience is that the float switch is the weak link in the system.

Richard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom