Parts and Repair Manual 6.5 Kva Onan MDKD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thewaterrat

Vessel Name
"Magical Too"
Vessel Make
43 Sea Ranger
Hi folks,
I am downunder and chasing a parts manual and repair manual for my dear old Onan MDKD 6.5 Kva Genset. Would be appreciated for any help. Thanks

Welcome aboard.
I`ve a Service Manual, fairly sure I downloaded it off the internet. It covers the MDKD which I have and 3 related others, looks about 80 pages. I suggest you try a search, come back to me if that fails or no one else can point you in the right direction.
Memory says I went chasing one when I had solenoid issues.

Hi Bruce, I saw your issues on the forum with your stop solenoid. I recently purchased a three connection solenoid (aux) from China for $65 delivered and it works great. I have the service manual and was chasing a more comprehensive rebuild manual as well as a parts manual. Have been searching high and low lol. Thanks.

Mine came from Cummins/Onan, cost heaps more than that, and originated in China despite being boxed as a true blue genuine Cummins part. Well done.
I just searched for Manuals via Yahoo/Google, there is one, looks like mine, on Ebay, $18USD plus UPS, mentions a parts list could be available too. Could be others as well, I was not thorough. But it`s probably not the comprehensive repair manual you want.

Thanks Bruce. Could you please fwd me the EBay link?

Yes, have found that there are a large percentage of parts manfactured in China and sold through Cummins as genuine parts. Bit of a farce isn't it. If you require the supplier of the solenoid then please pm me. I purchased two as we all know that they play up especially when you're out on the reef and run out of zip ties to hold the linkage open lol

I think I found the same Manual I have at this site, you can download it free. http://www.cruiserswiki.org/wiki/Installation_and_Service_Manuals
My solenoid would hold fine once I got the thing started, but to start it I had to go into the ER every time, and hold it across manually, which was a PITA.
PS You have to scroll down Engines to find the MDKD.

Welcome aboard.
I`ve a Service Manual, fairly sure I downloaded it off the internet. It covers the MDKD which I have and 3 related others, looks about 80 pages. I suggest you try a search, come back to me if that fails or no one else can point you in the right direction.
Memory says I went chasing one when I had solenoid issues.

Dear Bruce
Seems I have solenoid issue with my onan 6.5kva with cummings engine.
Hello
I have onan 6.5KVA generator mounted on my trawler cca 1992, photo enclosed
Problem I hava is manifest in two way:
1. When try to start generator solenoid which is connect to bosch pump immidiately go in position turn off and starter do not start only some sound cak, cak ,cak sumilar like fuel pum work. Then I need to reset system on red switch (I think electromagne fuse) on left panel.
2. When I keep by hand solenoid in on turn on position and try to start then starter begin to start for 2-3 second and then red switch turn off system and if want to repeat I need to push them on again.
I woul appreciate advises?

Can you send me service manual?
My email is duskojankovic31@gmail.com
I can send you and two video clips about problem but cannot send via forum, not accept mp format.
Thanks in advance Dusko

Attachments

• IMG-57e458dbdabbd7ba50160a632383c261-V.jpg
    IMG-57e458dbdabbd7ba50160a632383c261-V.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom