MEN, MUST READ THIS-Prostate Cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 words gents:* Saw Palmetto.* It's available off the shelf, and is proven to promote prostate health.* Ask your pharmacist.

Take it from a prostate cancer survivor (5 years cancer free after a prostatectomy in 2004):* This stuff might help save your life.* I wish I had known about it years ago... I might still have my prostate.

Hiya,
** KMA, not disputing the pros or cons of Saw Palmetto BUT there is NO substitute for a yearly exam*(ouch) and PSA test.* Stay safe out there!*

RT Firefly wrote:

Hiya,
** KMA, not disputing the pros or cons of Saw Palmetto BUT there is NO substitute for a yearly exam*(ouch) and PSA test.* Stay safe out there!*

RT*

I agree.* If*men don't *die from something else earlier when they get to their 70's or so Prostate will be a problem sooner or later.

I had all the exams and PSAs. Physical exams yielded nothing. PSA spiked from 1 to 3 in 2003. Checked again in early 2004, and it had risen to 5. After that came the oh-so-pleasant biopsy, which returned positive results.* This was in April of '04.* I had the surgery that October, one year to the day before we bought the boat.* Post-surgical pathology indicated 10% of the gland was cancerous.

I'm not suggesting anybody forego the exams and PSA.* What I am saying is Saw Palmetto is proven to promote prostate health.

As an aside, having to wear a catheter for 2 weeks after the surgery was interesting.* Not having to get up and pee was a joy
biggrin.gif

However, catheter removal after the 2 weeks was about as unpleasant an experience as I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom