Lehman 120 filter ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MnScotty

Vessel Name
GRACE
Vessel Make
1980 Chung Hwa
Just noticed that the wick 33166 secondary filter that I took off has a solid steel top. The one I got from carquest that crosses over has a top that has holes all over top. Just wondering which is right.

One of them is upside down?

No not upside down. I see frams cross c1191a has some holes just not as many.

We use Baldwin filters on our boat. The spin-on secondaries have oil passage holes in the bases.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 133
Greetings,
Mr. Mn. Welcome aboard. Anecdotal information only but on many off road sites, Fram filters are NOT highly thought of. The many references to their poor performance are reason enough I do not use them in any of my vehicles/vessels. Usually NAPA filters for the boat.

Greetings,
Mr. Mn. Welcome aboard. Anecdotal information only but on many off road sites, Fram filters are NOT highly thought of. The many references to their poor performance are reason enough I do not use them in any of my vehicles/vessels. Usually NAPA filters for the boat.

I have to admit, my very first thought after reading Marin's post about the Baldwin filters was, "I wonder what the fram cross number is for them". :D

I used to use Fram filters decades ago on my/our vehicles. I stopped when i began reading comparison tests that showed Frams to be among the worst in terms of materials and quality control. We now use NAPA (Wix) filters on our vehicles and Baldwin filters in our boats.

Good recommendations in my book. Wix and Baldwin filters are highly thought of and widely used in industrial applications.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Back
Top Bottom