Raymarine Control App

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeM

Vessel Name
Tuscan Sun
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
Does anyone use this app on a tablet to control/view their MFD? If so, what tablet are you using and how does it work?

Thanks, Mike

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Does anyone use this app on a tablet to control/view their MFD? If so, what tablet are you using and how does it work?

Thanks, Mike

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

I run it on my Samsung 10 inch SM T530NU

Works great, some trials with process of getting Bluetooth to link up.

Have to have the unit broadcasting then turn on the control feature. Every once and awhile have to turn both features off, then back on...may have something to do with either Bluetooth trying to connect with something else first.

Last edited:

Have to have the unit broadcasting then turn on the control feature. Every once and awhile have to turn both features off, then back on...may have something to do with either Bluetooth trying to connect with something else first.

Good to know. Thanks. I just bought a Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, but I don't think the app has been updated to run on it yet. Hopefully, it will be soon, and I'll use my iPad until then.

Mike Metts
KK 42-165
Virginia Beach, VA

I've been using it on a Asus tablet using the WI-FI connection. It worked great with version 6.* of the MFD software. It seems every upgrade of the MFD software since then has caused the tablet display to be almost unreadable. I sent some screen shots to Raymarine tech support when it first happened and they agreed there is a problem but so far none of the subsequent updates have fixed it.

Have not tried a Bluetooth connection, wasn't aware the app supported that.

I've been using it on a Asus tablet using the WI-FI connection. It worked great with version 6.* of the MFD software. It seems every upgrade of the MFD software since then has caused the tablet display to be almost unreadable. I sent some screen shots to Raymarine tech support when it first happened and they agreed there is a problem but so far none of the subsequent updates have fixed it.

Have not tried a Bluetooth connection, wasn't aware the app supported that.

Ah sorry...you are right...it is the wifi connection I use...I was concentrating on what to say yet be polite to all those people who walk down the dock and say "nice trawler"...:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom