Semidisplacment + wakeboard + drone =

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carolena

Guru
Vessel Name
Carolena II
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32/34
We used to wakeboard all the time when we had our bowrider. Never thought of doing this with the Tug . . .

watch

I've pulled wakeboarders behind my 38' several times. Short tow at about 10-14kts, get them right on the first hump of the wake. One guy was good enough to through the tow rope back into the cockpit and just ride the wave. I think he was using a shorty surfboard.

Did it again with long tow and one wakeboard at about 20kts where he could jump, and it was a heck of a jump.

Might try it again with some barrels of water in cockpit to get a bigger wake.

Next time we'll have a gopro.

Fun!!

We were out late last year when we happened upon some friends on their stand-up jet skis. These guys actually travel around and compete in national competitions. They came by the boat and asked if we could put up a wake (we were traveling at our normal 8 knts at the time). Gave a big smile and said our boat can certainly put up a wake. We put her just off of plane and they had a blast clearing from one side to the other and doing flips. The wife and I had a blast watching, just wish we had a good camera with us.

My stew in Costa Rica used to wake surf behind the 90 footer we ran there. She could go for miles.

Back
Top Bottom