I got the boat and need a mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obthomas

Guru
Vessel Name
TheVenture
Vessel Make
1985 Bestway Labelle Sundeck 40ft
The plans are to retire and cruise. I'm an able bodied captain of a 40 foot trawler that has plans to cruise the coast, maybe even the great loop. My previous mate jumped ship. How do you find a seafaring mate with benefits in a short period of time? Where do you look?:D

Boatwenchwanted.com :rolleyes:

Ted

NOT POF.com ™ The Leading Free Online Dating Site for Singles & Personals -- I knew someone who posted there. Let's say we should spread him in a garden because he was so full of fertilizer...

FishInTheSea.jpg

As you get older, time is a valuable thing

The internet dating sites have risks but outside meeting someone in heaven so does everything else. Since time is of essence as we get older this is the fastest way I know of to meet people. Some like E Harmony attempt to profile and match. Whether or not it actually works is a subject of debate. The good news is there does seem to be a shortage of Clean, sober, walking males. Good Luck.

Do a Google search on "boating personals". There are a few. I ain't lookin so I can't recommend or not recommend them.

Like is often said, Google is your friend....specially if you got it pre-IPO.

Many years ago before I met the lady who I would end up marrying, I was on Match. com for a long time and had a lot of very nice dates and met a few very nice women.

Eharmony was a PITA with all of their matching processes. I was on there a short time and ended my 'account' with them.

Match is great. You set the criteria (age, body style, etc.) and you have hundreds to search from.

It worked for my wife and I.

I have never known a man with a big boat who had a problem finding a mate. Big boats seem to attract them. But, then again, they soon realize that all the money goes to the boat.

I have never known a man with a big boat who had a problem finding a mate. Big boats seem to attract them.

As a fat, bald 31 year old...

Attachments

• we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg
    we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 123
The plans are to retire and cruise. I'm an able bodied captain of a 40 foot trawler that has plans to cruise the coast, maybe even the great loop. My previous mate jumped ship. How do you find a seafaring mate with benefits in a short period of time? Where do you look?:D

If all you want are the "benefits" then perhaps less expensive just paying for them in each port.

If you're after a seafaring mate, then I'd suggest making some friends without benefits first and taking it from there.

Retired, cruising on a yacht (yes to many people the 40' trawler is a yacht) will attract a lot of people, some good, some bad. Some with pure motives, many with bad ones. Be honest in what you're looking for and hope to find someone who'll be honest in return. That's where online dating sites do help a bit as you have to put what you're looking for in writing. I'd suggest doing that anyway. Are you looking for happily ever after or just fun on a boat? A partner in life or just a hot and willing body?

Now I'm not saying any of these are wrong. We've met some extremely happy trophy wives and their husbands. They each got exactly what they wanted.

Then last it's what is the agreement if it doesn't work. When I was younger, my neighbors had a friend and his girlfriend or traveling companion visiting and the plan was for all of us to go out on my boat. Well, the friend was a jerk and had left the day before leaving the girl he'd brought with him from Minnesota to NC behind. Fortunately, my friends were nice and allowed her to stay for a few days while she figured out what to do.

You're looking for the "living together" arrangement with little or no dating before hand. Odds are terribly low that it will work out. But if it does it's worth it.

Who knows. My wife and I fell madly in love the night we met.

Need a mate

Stumbled across this last night on ...ahem... another boat forum. (THT). Haven't been out to it, but you might try Sea Captain date. The OP said "When you need something in your hand besides the captains wheel". Might be right up your dark alley. LOL

Wonder how much an annual contract with a prostitute would cost?

There are some very open minded, adventurous ladies on AdultFriendFinder.com

I've been married now for 5 years so I'm no longer in that game. But, I gotta tell 'ya, it's a target rich environment!

Hey the good news is I found the mate with benefits. Found her working at autozone. She starts learning anchors and lines this week and oil changes next week.

So are you gonna get the family discount at Auto Zone?
Best of luck on your journey!

Wifey B: I never thought of picking up a FWB type at Autozone. More like a strip club kind of thing or bar, but I'd bet Autozone comes cheaper. I've bought phone chargers there. Never noticed the available females section. :D

Wifey B: I never thought of picking up a FWB type at Autozone. More like a strip club kind of thing or bar, but I'd bet Autozone comes cheaper. I've bought phone chargers there. Never noticed the available females section. :D

He didn't say "working inside AutoZone," nor what time of day or night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom