SW Fl newbies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HughMc

Vessel Name
Pegasus
Vessel Make
1984 Californian 43 Cockpit
Howdy! We're the new owners of Pegasus, a 1984 Californian 43 Cockpit. Home port will be Riviera Dunes Marina on the Manatee river in Palmetto. Short drive from our land base in Sarasota. We'll be coastal cruising this summer and fall, coming to grips with the biggest boat we've owned, and making a few modifications to handle two old dogs, one of whom is a fat thing. Need to replace a couple of ladders with stairs and sort out a boarding ramp. She has a power davit, so I suppose we can always hoist him aboard. Biggest trick will be getting them in and out of the dinghy, but they'll just have to learn. I've been dreaming of a boat like this for 20 years, now that we've left the workaday world behind it's finally time to jump right in.

Hope to see a few of y'all out on the water!

Welcome aboard Hugh!

Welcome to SWFL. I hope you have a transom door.

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see you down there next Winter.

Ted

Welcome aboard. There's plenty of members in SW FL.

Welcome to SWFL. I hope you have a transom door.

Yep, that was on the must have list. A sedan would probably have worked better than a trunk, but we couldn't find one in our price/size range. Looked at a Mainship 350/390 and almost went for it, but the 43 has so much more space inside and was 30K cheaper.

Anyone here up at Riviera Dunes?

Welcome aboard, from Fort Myers. I did stay a Riviera Dunes a year ago. very nice marina, but a bit far to stores for me as a full time cruiser. It's hard to keep moving the car.

Welcome aboard, if you get down Cape Coral way, shoot me a pm.

Welcome aboard as well.
We are at Twin Dolphin Marina, but have several friends at Rivera Dunes. It is a very nice Marina and we look forward to a dinghy trip over for Happy Hour soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom