Looking for 49' Defever "Sea Angel"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckyak

We had originally looked at Sea Angel in 2001.* We were not in a position to purchase her at that time.

Recently, I spoke with the folks that owned her at that time.* They stated that another party had purchased "Sea Angel" but had since sold her.* The last the previous owners knew of her location was it was a "live aboard" on either Lake Washington or Lake Union.* Can't remember which.

If anyone knows any information about "Sea Angel", I'd really appreciate a "shout out".

Thanks
Neal Sullivan
Hoonah, Alaska

Hi Neil,* were in Juneau at the moment, but I'll be back on the lake in November and will keep an eye out for Sea Angel.* By the way, you will love the Defever 49, we live on ours here in Juneau................Arctic Traveller

You can search for documented boats* by name or doc # here:
http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/index.html

It shows 79 hits, so look for ones that are close to your length. Once you click on that boat's name, it'll show you the manufacturer, owners name and address, etc.

Thanks Keith.

Hit on the web link and I did not find her. The current owners may have changed the name. I don't have the "documentation number", so I will continue to look. I'm patient.

Thanks for the link though.

Neal Sullivan
M/V Dinero
Hoonah, Alaska

Hi Neil,

Shoot this guy an email.* I met him this summer and he has a lot of info on the 49 Defever's from all over.* He might know this boat or be able to find it thru his contacts.

Captain Steven Koch

Captstevendi@yahoo.com

Good Luck
Tom

I am pretty sure that Ken Tischler purchased her in that time frame and is currently the owner. I do not know id he kept the name. He pops up on here with a username the same as his name. I do believe he is on T&T as well. We looked at that boat as well in the same timeframe. It was already under contract when we found her or we would have found a way to make it work. A steal of a deal for sure.

Microship is the new name...search that in the USCG and it does show Sea Angel as the previous name. They are in the New Orleans area.
Either we are talking about two different boats of the same name or you got some incorrect info.

Hi John,

We did communicate with Mr. Tischler. Yes, he did purchase a 49' Defever that was named "Sea Angel". His vessel is a 1980 and the "Sea Angel" that we are looking for is a 1978.

I appreciate the try.

And to Tom...I'll take you're suggestion and attempt to contact Steve Koch.

Thanks guys.

Neal Sullivan

Well dammit Neal, what are the odds????!!!!....
smile.gif
... good luck with your search!!!!

You guys have got to be kidding, there's no way this is the same boat?!

Back
Top Bottom