trucking a Defever 41

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seattleboatguy

Vessel Name
Slow Bells
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 38
A broker told me the following, and I was wondering if it was true:

"Regarding Defever 41 trawlers---don't plan on trucking a DeFever----the vertical height is too high to go under the overpasses---especially on the east coast."

Want a good answer, I'd find a boat hauling company and ask them directly.

There's usually a way. Most overpasses on major highways have a "go,round". My trawler was 19 feet tall when I hauled it from Galveston (Bolivar actually) to sw oklahoma. I had to go around every overpass on I45 then detour about 100 miles out of the way to get around a few towns in north Texas. It was a 2 day trip, cant haul oversize loads at night. I still have the truck and trailer, just waiting for the trip out to Muskogee Oklahoma where I will put the boat in and do the Loop, then head back to the Gulf Coast. Thats the plan anyway. Just about anything can be moved if you want it moved bad enough.

I just measured my DeFever 41, with a single screw full keel. The height was 14' 9" from the top of the wooden rail around the fly bridge to the bottom of the keel directly under the fly bridge.

What Kulas44 said: "Just about anything can be moved if you want it moved bad enough." What an old buddy used to say: "All it takes is money!"

I know of a DeFever that was trucked down I-95 after having the flybridge module removed.

I just measured my DeFever 41, with a single screw full keel. The height was 14' 9" from the top of the wooden rail around the fly bridge to the bottom of the keel directly under the fly bridge.
Thanks Doug. I ended up buying a Marine Trader 38. Next time I haul out, it will be interesting to see how close my boat's height compares to your boat's height. They look very similar from a distance. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom