Wiper motor bracket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnm

Vessel Name
Cool change
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427024321.159697.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427024340.061692.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427024356.309316.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1427024405.165117.jpg

I have a GB36 made by Riviera in Australia (1990) , the wiper motor brackets were glued to the windshield, the glue had let go over time and attempts to re-glue failed. I made up some simple stainless steel brackets which attached in seconds and solved the problem nicely.
Just thought it may help someone else with a similar problem.
John M.

View attachment 38442View attachment 38443View attachment 38444View attachment 38445

I have a GB36 made by Riviera in Australia (1990) , the wiper motor brackets were glued to the windshield, the glue had let go over time and attempts to re-glue failed. I made up some simple stainless steel brackets which attached in seconds and solved the problem nicely.
Just thought it may help someone else with a similar problem.
John M.
:thumb: nice job, stupid little things like that sometimes take days or weeks to decide what will work best.

Often the solution is just a bit tricky to make but the simple little answer that wins the prize

Greetings,
Mr. J. Excellent fix and welcome aboard. For those wishing to attach something to glass (The REAL stuff, not plastic) about the best thing is RTV silicone (Gasp! I can't believe I said that given my abhorrence to silicone in any shape or form but, it is what it is...). After all, that's what they stick aquariums together with...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom