Portland Area Surveyor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Pairadice
Vessel Make
Sold Selene 47
Narrowed down the hunt.

Looking for recommendations regarding an established and reputable boat surveyor in the Portland ( Oregon) area. If that person is comfortable and qualified in doing the mechanical portion, great! Otherwise a mech. Surveyor needed also.

We are going after a Selene, in the upper 40 range. Our broker can assist, but I'm interested in anyone who has recommendations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Last edited:
Thank You GFC and Porman, I've bookmarked them both!
And this is why we like this Forum!

John

Alison Mazon is doing a survey for me in about 5 hours.
I'll try to remember to post when it's over but might be a couple of days.

Ken

Reisner, McEwen & Associates has done two surveys for me in Seattle. Didn't know they work in Portland also.

Porman, they do travel if you ask them. I believe they also have some people down there that work with/for them who do surveys. I could be wrong on that though.

I also looked at that this morning, thought it was a nice touch.

Alison Mazon (surveyor) and Larry Blais (machinery) surveyed a boat for me yesterday in Anacortes and I can't imagine anyone checking out a boat more thoroughly.
Alison met us at the boat at 0700 and didn't leave until 1830.
Alison's Report is supposed to be in my hands in 2 days and and fluid samples with mechanical evaluation notes supposed to be here by Wednesday.

Highly recommend both of these people pending receipt of reports.

KTDDX, thanks so much!
Are both of them from the Portland area and traveled up to Anacortes?

John

I just responded on another post and remembered that I started this one. First off, thanks to all for your recommendations and you really helped me find a couple great Surveyors.
We hired Alison And Larry and they did a fantastic job. They both have a reputation up in the PNW as Buyers surveyors. They were onboard for well over 12 hours and provided a nice, well laid out survey with plenty of Pictures and documentation. I highly recommend them both.
Also, I used Peter with Anchor Marine another great guy to work with for our insurance needs.
You TW members rock

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom