What's Your Fish Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is HUGE! What a fish!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

image.jpg

A 146 lb Warsaw Grouper caught on a headboat out of Ft. Lauderdale in 1962 I went out again the next day and caught an 80 LB. Warsaw, fishing over an airplane wreck. What were they charging then? probably $5.00 I can't remember. It weighed more than me, THEN!

Attachments

• Grouper (2).jpg
    Grouper (2).jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 71
VERY Nice!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Not my story, but my wife's. I'm not much on fishing but she always wanted me to take her salmon fishing. I figured out that it would cost less for me to hire a guide to take both of us out than it would in fuel for my boat for a day of idling around waiting for some stupid fish to hit my lure.

Long story short, we spend a day running up and down the Columbia with the guide on his ~26' aluminum boat. He and I had a couple of hits during the day but nothing landed. In the middle of the afternoon she got a hit on her line that was a solid one. She quickly set the hook and about 45 minutes later here she is with her Chinook.

She landed it by herself and later said it was more tiring than childbirth. Myself, I've never found childbirth to be too tiring so I had nothing to compare. That's one time when I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut. Doesn't happen often, but I'm always glad when it does happen.

img_312633_0_8a35df026bb2ceee0aaf4c607959e070.jpg

Hundred pound halibut. Not a big fish at all by Alaskan halibut standards but pretty good sized for down here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 61
Not "a" fish, but a story for sureImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1425306018.050415.jpg. ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1425305809.490058.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1425305860.895422.jpg. Fished from my boat (after down riggers and trolling valves were installed.) this was out of Craig Alaska last summer. We stuck out a bit compared to the standard guide boat, but the nautibeaver beats to her own drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

Just 10 years old and 60 lb himself, the kid was mooching with herring he had caught on a Sabiki rig, at Tranquil Point near Craig SE Alaska last July. Hooked something obviously bigger than average. Here's when he first got a good look at it as I netted it. Then the 50 lb King just before I took its head off and delivered it to the processor. Would have been on the leader board of the Craig salmon tourmanent had he been entered. A fish of a lifetime!

IMG_3916.JPG

20140713_110915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom