Ocean Alexander 423 Classico Door Rollers - 1994

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benchmark

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Loose Goose X, and second boat, the Benchmark
Vessel Make
1994 Ocean Alexander 423 and a 1967 Chris Craft Constellation
Does anyone have a source for these rollers?

I have tried West Marine, Defender, Jamestown, Wholesale Marine, Circle Glass, Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware and various patio door mfr. sites with no luck

Please see the attached photos. Stainless bracket bolts to heavy aluminum frame bolts to door.

Attachments

• DSCN3786.jpg
    DSCN3786.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN3787.jpg
    DSCN3787.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3788.jpg
    DSCN3788.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3789.jpg
    DSCN3789.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN3790.jpg
    DSCN3790.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 78
Mine are similar only one piece bronze with Bronze rollers, all recessed into the base of the door....I couldn't find anything similar either so I'm going to skim an inch or so off the botom of the door and mount the trucks and plastic tracks from these guys:

Boat Sliding Door Hardware | Boat Outfitters

148-1164.jpg

Last edited:
A member here named Pineapple Girl left her wheels off entirely and placed a piece of HDPE plastic in the bottom track of the door slider. No muss, no fuss nor trimming either. Door slides fantastic, glides really.

Try an advanced search of of the subject and put her username into the user box should come up with all the relevant info. Others who've tried it swear by it as well.

Benchmark, Our 440 also has roller and track issues. Looks like the inside edge of each wheel is worn down? Wonder if you could disassemble and flip the wheels...can't tell from the photos.
As I've mentioned previously, OA used Sugatsune hardware in some places, but this stuff is likely obsolete in any case.

Heron, Thanks for that link.

another roller replacement option

I came across this innovative replacement while searching for options:

The Trawler Beach House: Sliding Door Repair For Exterior Door

If I can't replace the assembly, I will likely go this route. My sliding door on our 67 Chris Craft operates on a brass slider, and woks super well.

Best

I think...after studying all the various fixes, The easiest (for me anyway) is to simply buy a 3/4" wide piece of the UHMW plastic to fit the existing cut-out in the bottom of my door. (2) 6" long blocks at either end where the rollers are should work great and slide along the existing lower track lip..

UHMW Rectangular Bar | U.S. Plastic Corp.

I'll Route a rounded bead down the center to align and fit to my existing metal lower track and call it a day...No Muss, No fuss for <$10
With this approach I actually like that there will be some friction here to keep the door from rolling back and forth without being latched in the full open or full shut position all the time since this opening is side to side and I often like to partially open/shut the door..

20150104_165450-vi.jpg

Lower track
20150104_170621-vi.jpg

Last edited:
The Swisco site is amazing.

Supplier to Home Depot....big volume.

Thanks Fryedaze

Back
Top Bottom