Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/)
-   -   This seems like a really good deal. (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/seems-like-really-good-deal-19000.html)

SCOTTEDAVIS 02-21-2015 04:55 PM

This seems like a really good deal.
 
Nice Tolly, buy the engines and the boat is free?

I bet he paid over half of the asking price for the re-power.


What say the hive?

1987 Tollycraft Sundeck, 2010 Yanmar 315s & NorPro gen Power Boat For

Tarrowood 02-21-2015 05:02 PM

Looks very clean and well cared for.
I like it!

eyschulman 02-21-2015 05:33 PM

Looks like a good deal. I would lose the blue stripes and most of the fixed fly house on top. If structure is sound and tanks and electrical and plumbing ok than great For the money.

windmill29130 02-21-2015 08:51 PM

N0 lower helm is a deal breaker for me, but looks very clean and well kept. A good buy for someone.

healhustler 02-21-2015 10:00 PM

Wow....clean boat! That's a lot of stairs though.

eyschulman 02-21-2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windmill29130 (Post 310108)
N0 lower helm is a deal breaker for me, but looks very clean and well kept. A good buy for someone.

With a modern wireless remote control system you can run the boat from anywhere including the dock. So maybe you should rethink your position.

mbevins 02-21-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windmill29130 (Post 310108)
N0 lower helm is a deal breaker for me, but looks very clean and well kept. A good buy for someone.

Boat's on the East Coast. Not a big deal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Trawler

sunchaser 02-22-2015 01:20 AM

Why is this a good deal? The Tolly 34 is approaching 30 years old and of unknown condition. If it were a TT it would be selling for about $60K tops. The Yanmar diesels may or may not be in good working order. It is a repower, maybe some issues there too. Maybe it is a Hurricane Sandy vessel?

But all this negative stuff may be covering up a diamond, just like a few other old Tollies out there. What you say Art, you know this style pretty well?

SCOTTEDAVIS 02-22-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunchaser (Post 310152)
Why is this a good deal? The Tolly 34 is approaching 30 years old and of unknown condition. If it were a TT it would be selling for about $60K tops. The Yanmar diesels may or may not be in good working order. It is a repower, maybe some issues there too. Maybe it is a Hurricane Sandy vessel?

But all this negative stuff may be covering up a diamond, just like a few other old Tollies out there. What you say Art, you know this style pretty well?


Well I said it "seems" like a good deal. I based that on just the ad and what the pictures show compared to other boats I have seen in printed ads priced similarly.

You are right it may not be, I have not seen the boat in person, like I said it "seems" like a good deal,and that's very subjective.

To fast for me, man was not designed to go that fast, speed can cause the vapors and make you ill. No faster then a horse walks. :thumb:

Moonstruck 02-22-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTEDAVIS (Post 310189)


To fast for me, man was not designed to go that fast, speed can cause the vapors and make you ill. No faster then a horse walks. :thumb:


Not to worry, Scott. It's airboats that cause the vapors. You would be alright in this one.:D:D

SCOTTEDAVIS 02-22-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonstruck (Post 310190)
Not to worry, Scott. It's airboats that cause the vapors. You would be alright in this one.:D:D

Thanks Don, As the Capt. of Speed I will take that as truth from experience.

Going to go burn a few gallons of diesel today with some friends, got to love the high today of 80 and sunny. Firefly needs to make a few turns to knock the dust off.

You still down the ditch in Ft. P ?

Moonstruck 02-22-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTEDAVIS (Post 310196)
Thanks Don, As the Capt. of Speed I will take that as truth from experience.

Going to go burn a few gallons of diesel today with some friends, got to love the high today of 80 and sunny. Firefly needs to make a few turns to knock the dust off.

You still down the ditch in Ft. P ?

Well, Moonstruck is still in Ft. Pierce. It will probably be a couple of more weeks before getting back to her. I still want to get down to Biscayne Bay for several days.

Daddyo 02-22-2015 10:55 AM

The broker has it listed under the "sail" catagory :(

bshillam 02-22-2015 12:18 PM

That puts about $40k value on the engine. Tollys around the early to mid 80s are selling anywhere from 30-40. If you go to the 70s than you can pick up a much lower priced vessel.

kulas44 02-22-2015 06:10 PM

The 42 Krogen in that ad is interesting. As for the Tolly, a very good total refit/repower will get your boat moved to the front of the list, that's about it. It's still worth whatever any other good Tolly of it's vintage is worth, plus a little for being "done up".

Lobstah 02-24-2015 06:47 AM

I agree on the Kadey...I'd be more interested in that. Having had a 34' MT, I know how quickly a 34' shrinks once you start spending time on it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012