Happy Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was May 1981, we had just brought our Kombi's across from Ceuta(Morroco) to Algeciras(Spain) sitting around on this beach listening to a Spanish radio station.

None of us could speak Spanish , however they played Bob Marley's songs over & over, we soon learned our first word in Spanish, muerto. Very sad.

However, yesterday was his birthday , not the anniversary of his death, so happy birthday Bob.

Greetings,
Mr. AG. "However, yesterday was his birthday , not the anniversary of his death..." Indeed, today is his birthday hence the title of this thread. Our today is your yesterday (international date line or time zone thing). Yup, Happy birthday Bob. It's 4:20 somewhere in the world.

True story, I saved Bob Marley Jr, well sort of -----

In the Australian winter of 1999 I boarded a plane for travel back to the US. I misread the ticket seat assignment and sat down. About 5 minutes later Marley Jr shows up and says I'm in his seat, no problem I got up to move but he said I'll sit in your seat instead as it is closer to my buddies.

So the plane takes off and the meals are served. I get mine and ate part of it but am not too impressed, it was kinda salty and smelled bad. Then the flight attendant comes by and says that was a special meal destined for Mr Marley. I lean over to Bob and said not only did I steal your seat but now I ate your special meal that tasted lousy anyway. He laughed and said I owe him big time.

About 40 minutes later I get violently ill and dizzy. Restroom trips, passing out and vomiting all took place. UGH. Food poisoning big time with several others on the flight affected too. As things calmed down and the trip wore on, Bob Jr told me I likely saved his next performance and appreciated my being the canary.

Appreciated the Marley music and history more after that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom