Rugged Mil-Spec Chartplotter Tablet PC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like Quite a deal for 300 bills!....hell, a daylight viewable 10 inch screen will cost you more than that!

sloboat wrote:

Troy,

I am illiterate when it comes to computers. But reading the ebay ad, it looks like there's a rudamentary chart plotter built in. I have a decent chart plotter on the flybridge, but would like a back up at the cabin helm...wouldn't this thing show present position on basic NOAA charts? I guess you're saying that it's just not cable of running the more sophisticated navigation software???

Thx, Eric

Eric
It comes preloaded with the complete 4gb set of* US Territories navigational charts, covering the entire United States and territories including coastlines, inland waterways, ports, harbors, navigation hazards, buoy locations, local depths, etc.

It would be interesting to see what this software is like.
I am only familiar with The Capn, an older version would run fine on it but the new version needs more CPU and*RAM*or more "horsepower."**

The cool thing about it ir like Baker said, the screen and a GPS. I use my laptop now and sometimes have trouble seeing the screen in bright sunlight.
I emailed the seller and he is supposed to have some 850MHZ models soon.

-- Edited by troy994719 at 07:24, 2007-12-21

Back
Top Bottom