Boat History dot Com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Budds Outlet

Has anyone bought the boat history dot com information for their boat or used it to check out a perspective boat before purchase? The site indicates there are seven items reported on a boat I am dealing on. I am wondering if there is any value to this?

BOATHISTORYDOTCOM is a spamming parking domain ... does not even work if you do not let it plaster your browser with cookies. The one that it forwards to is BOATHISTORYREPORTDOTCOM ... which is still useless for the intended purpose.

Thanks for the feedback. I suspected as much but was tempted. Thanks to your collective feedback I won't waste the money.

One resource out there is a NOAA site Keith (in Kemah) posted years back. You can enter your documentation number or the name of your boat (or anyone else's) and if it is a documented vessel past and current owners names come up. I was actually able to talk with one of the prior owners of our boat and got some history on her.

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGuard/index.html

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Made the mistake of buying it for my boat. Told me nothing I didn't already know. It was so bad it mentioned the manufacturer of the boat was a company that didn't even exist at the time my boat was built because the USCG had assigned the first three letters of the HIN to another manufacturer. It was indeed useless.

We bought the boat history report for the Carver we bought in 2011. Yep, like a number of other posters, useless or worthless in my opinion. Maybe others have had a better experience, but for me it was a waste of money. Didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

Very insightful article.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom