toggle switches broke from fuse panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afucanan

Vessel Name
Dog House
Vessel Make
39 Mainship Trawler 1985
Hi - i'm a new member to forum. inherited a 39ft 1985 Mainship Trawler and this panel was damaged. suggestions? is this an actual fuse panel? replacement suggestions. the size is 10inx8.5in. please see pic.

Attachments

• ship panel.jpg
    ship panel.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 118
Yep that's a breaker panel. Those breakers are widely available at most marine stores.

I agree with Oliver, not sure where you keep your boat but take that panel to the local West Marine(there's a few near Daneville CA). They should have exact duplicate switches on the shelf for you.

If you keep your boat in the Bay or Delta send me a private message. FlyWright set up a small group for us to schedule meet ups and we are fairly active. Welcome to the forum

Hi - i'm a new member to forum. inherited a 39ft 1985 Mainship Trawler and this panel was damaged. suggestions? is this an actual fuse panel? replacement suggestions. the size is 10inx8.5in. please see pic.

It's not a fuse panel it's a circuit breaker panel. And you don't need to take the panel to West Marine or another vendor. Take one of the broken circuit breakers after removing and tagging the wires.

You need to know the current rating of the damaged circuit breakers. It's often marked on the handle but it should also be on the body of the circuit breaker.

BTW: Unplug the shore power cable before you work on the panel.

edit: The one marked "Main" is most likely a two pole breaker while the others are single pole. Maybe you should take the main breaker and one of the others as well.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom