Best news in my lifetime.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Of course we wont know IF it really pans out ,

(I remember the PM flying cars in every garage in 1955) but this weeks this weeks Aviation Week has an article on fusion power that will be a world changer. A Lockheed Martin research product.

AviationWeek.com/CFR

They claim 5 years to a functioning demo unit and 5 more till production.

100MW , fits on 2 trucks , assemble on site , fuel is deuterium , cheap from sea water.

100MW will run a ship or an aircraft ,or 80,000 homes.

No long term hot products to store forever .

Sounds too good to be true , so I have my fingers crossed!

Last edited:
"Sounds too good to be true , so I have my fingers crossed! "
Me too! It is the Skunk Works and they've done amazing things.
I keep thinking about the excitement over "Cold Fusion" that went no where.
Let's hope they can really do it.

The Egyptians could have built a 747. All the principles of mathmatics, physics, chemistry, aerodynamics, metallurgy etc. necessary to do everything from turning bauxite into aluminum to designing a wing existed when they were piling up rocks into pyramids. They simply hadn't discovered them yet. But two plus two has always equalled four.

So I am convinced there are better, more efficient, more friendly, more practical sources of energy "out there." We just haven't discovered them yet. And we won't if we don't keep on looking.

So whetherr or not this fusion power idea pans our or not, it's great that it's being looked into. If nothing else, it's one more rock that's being turned over in the search for something better.

Even if it is true, do you really think the energy robber barons,.. Duke Energy will let it see the light of day?? Duke energy= Koch.

Even if it is true, do you really think the energy robber barons,.. Duke Energy will let it see the light of day?? Duke energy= Koch.

Do you really believe it could be stopped, let alone significantly delayed?

Under that line of reasoning, NCR never would have permitted IBM, IBM would never have permitted Apple, Ford never would have permitted GM, Bronze never would have permitted iron, Pegans never would have permitted Jews, Jews never would have permitted Catholics, Catholics never would have permitted Lutherans, taxi's never would have permitted Uber, Oxford never would have permitted Harvard, Harvard never would have permitted Stanford, Detroits never would have permitted Cummins, Furuno never would have permitted Garmin, KB never would have permitted Lennar, women would never have gotten to vote, and most of all, sailboats never would have permitted trawlers! Need I continue?

75 years ago, Einstein gave us a glimpse of the future: Energy is as abundant as matter. Actually as matter squared. Truly a gift from God, just like all of our other blessings. Certainly within the next 25 years we will figure out how to convert matter to energy through fusion. It will be the biggest game changer yet, just as was fire, the wheel, iron and industry.

Last edited:
Firstly, I so hope ur correct.
Secondly, what inventions do we have gathering dust that were stopped? If there are great things and inventions salted away, how would we know if my perhaps misguided conspiracy theory is correct. There is a lot of distrust, justified or not.
Lastly, the pix of your boat...is that a converted to pleasure ex Navy Destroyer. Wow.

Secondly, what inventions do we have gathering dust that were stopped? If there are great things and inventions salted away, how would we know if my perhaps misguided conspiracy theory is correct. There is a lot of distrust, justified or not.

I remember the day when ceramic engines were going to provide the USA with energy independence......sigh.

what inventions do we have gathering dust that were stopped? If there are great things and inventions salted away, how would we know if my perhaps misguided conspiracy theory is correct.

You got me there. And thanks for the compliment on my boat. It may not be much to look at, but it gets its job done.

"It may not be much to look at, but it gets its job done."
Horse Poop, It's stunning. Form follows function. If it works well, it looks good.
How about a bigger picture.

I am a destroyer boatswain mate, she is beautiful. Lines that just ooze "salty"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom