Bubble Reflective Insulation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seasalt007

Guru
Vessel Name
Aweigh
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42
I have been using rolls of reflective bubble wrap insulation behind a Texalene mask to keep the sun from coming through the front windows in my salon. The latest brand I used (from Amazon) is Reflectix BP48010 48-Inch by 10-Feet Bubble Pack Insulation. This particular brand is reflective on both sides and the right width of 48" inches to cover the spaces.

After 6 months of use the silver reflective finish is flaking off. I used to get rolls of single reflective (black on one side) bubble insulation that lasted for years but I can no longer find a source that is the right size. The ones that I have found are 48" wide but 80-100' long and are big bucks.

Home Depot and Lowes are not help. Any ideas here?

I bought about 10 rolls of white-back aluminum that was not cheep then (7 yrs ago) tough as nails as long as you take care of it. You want the quality of stuff suitable radiant-floor heating. When we are away for the winter I cover all our windows here in Montana with the stuff. I also used it for the "nail up" radiant heating. Works great. Look on the internet for the stuff in radiant floor heating supplies. I think mine came in at 48"X20'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom