New TF header pic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
Here's my entry. Taken by son in Somes Sound Mount Desert Island, ME

ForumRunner_20140802_010056.jpg

That looks like a fun spot.Nice pic.

Who and what vessel is in the current header?

Nice shot Mark. I'll have to see if Janet can crop it to work. We had talked about rotating that header picture many moons ago but recall most of the submitted pics had composition issues that knocked them out of contention. This one may work though.

I was only kidding around but maybe rotating them would be fun

This one takes a big crop...Badger tucked away off Grenville Channel;

Attachments

• TF Header?.jpg
    TF Header?.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 118
I know our 'little' Badger doesn't stand a chance, but you never know...in Sue Channel off Douglas Channel;

Attachments

• TF Header 2?.jpg
    TF Header 2?.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 131
Murray, boats like 'Little" Badger are what it's all about. Great shots and composition.

For those of you that want a good idea of what is needed for a good header picture take a look at this old thread we used to select the current one. Specifically look at the posts made by "Andy R", he is the forum owner and shows how the photo's need to crop in order to work.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/new-header-photo-contest-5750.html

We are always interested in new submissions and can set it up to rotate monthly or so if we have enough acceptable photographs. The biggest challenge is not beautiful photo's, it is beautiful photo's that crop well and accommodate the required logo placement.

Okay...I'll stop now. Badger in Sue Channel off Douglas Channel;

Attachments

• TF Header #3.jpg
    TF Header #3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 114
So I lied...last one...really...

Attachments

• TF Header #4.jpg
    TF Header #4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 101
The cropping requirements eliminate most of what I have, but this one - unloading Insequent into the Brisbane River after a trip from Vancouver BC can be cropped down ok. And yes, that's a real dump truck on deck waiting to be unloaded, no photoshop!

Attachments

• Shipping 4 copy.jpg
    Shipping 4 copy.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 111
Dang,your boat makes that dumper look small.

Until I saw Murray's pics I thought
"What's the point .... how can anyone top the present pic?

Some people just like change. Like women like to re-arrange furniture.

But if we go to the revolving door header I'll dust of some of my old pics and compete ... successfully or not. I think I created the "Interesting Boats" thread to see a revolving door of interesting boat pics. You can't walk the docks and look at the other man's boat anymore ... They're all locked up. What could be better .. than boats? Let's put our best foot (picture) fwd.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom