Recovery tank for westerbeke gen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
My recovery tank is not mounted for my generator . I have one and I would like to mount it . What is the best location related to coolant tank to mount one . Should the caps be level with each other,above or below or does it matter?

:facepalm:That was a dumb question should have thought it thru before asking .

Not a dumb question. I like mounting recovery bottles so fluid level in bottle is slightly above pressure cap. That way if there is a leak anywhere, you will see bottle level drop. Undo pressure cap, and it should start to fill.

On westerbekes, make sure port from pressure cap neck to recovery bottle is not plugged. Common on these.

Ok thanks .For some reason the PO did not have it mounted but it was in a box with some other parts.While we are on the generators , I put mine back together last night . When generator is running about every 30 seconds are so I here a rattling that last about 5 seconds then goes away . It doesn't seem to be coming from anything on the outside . Could it be the armature kicking in and out? I'm not asking for any 110 from the generator just running at the dock . It is kind of a deep rattle and not a knock This is my first generator.

Sounds like there may be air in the fuel line or a dirty fuel filter. But it's very hard to tell what it is without being there in person.

It would help a lot if you could post audio and video of what is happening, say on YouTube or some place.

Sounds like there may be air in the fuel line or a dirty fuel filter. But it's very hard to tell what it is without being there in person.

It would help a lot if you could post audio and video of what is happening, say on YouTube or some place.
Tried the video but couldn't get it to work . Just left the boat and been thinking on the rattle . It may be the shroud on the generator end. . That is the kind of sound I 'm hearing . Maybe it's bent a little or has loose screw . Check it out tomorrow

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom