Roughwater Trawler Window Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Airbear172

Vessel Name
Docked Pay
Vessel Make
42' Roughwater
New user here - second post. We have a 1987 42' Roughwater Trawler. Purchased 6 months ago and we are liveaboard. Looking to replace windows with new. No idea where to start. Some leaking around fixed frame windows and some around the sliders. Is there a company we could call to have the job done start to finish? Would new frames have to be custom made? Sorry for the novice questions but want to (as best able to) have windows installed that will keep out the weather on extended cruises. Thanks for any help available here. We are located in St. Petersburg, FL. Craftsman recommendations appreciated as well.

If you don't need exact replacement and can go with aluminum frames, you open up your options quite a bit.

This is a company I have used before (And there are others). I was very happy with the windows and they have good prices.

Wynne Enterprises Inc.

Ken

Not sure if he comes over that way, but there was a great boat window craftsman over in Fort Lauderdale named Vinny O'Connor, name of his company is Splash Marine. Last number I had for him is 561-860-1232. Great paint and fiberglass guy too but windows are his main thing.

What does say a 30inchx 30 inch aluminum marine window cost , more or less?

Bomon make aluminum frame windows to any size. I have installed them in two boats and been very happy with them, very easy installation and very reasonably priced.

Attachments

• Bomon.jpg
    Bomon.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 104
Bomon make aluminum frame windows to any size. I have installed them in two boats and been very happy with them, very easy installation and very reasonably priced.

What does 'reasonably priced' mean. How much? Quantos Dollores?

New user here - second post. We have a 1987 42' Roughwater Trawler. Purchased 6 months ago and we are liveaboard. Looking to replace windows with new. No idea where to start. Some leaking around fixed frame windows and some around the sliders. Is there a company we could call to have the job done start to finish? Would new frames have to be custom made? Sorry for the novice questions but want to (as best able to) have windows installed that will keep out the weather on extended cruises. Thanks for any help available here. We are located in St. Petersburg, FL. Craftsman recommendations appreciated as well.

I rebuild the Eagles. I very carefully cut/vinous/pried the wood exterior teak wood frames off with out damaging them, removed the glass, removed the old felt/rubber sliders, and re build and fiber glassed the existing frame. The leak was caused because the drain holes plugged, filling the rubber track which failed over time.

We replaced the glasses with safety bronze glass. Got new felt/rubber from an auto window place, using 5200 caulked the felt in place, inserted the new glass. and reinstalled the teak wood from. If we did not replace the windows the coast would have been less then 100 bucks for fiber glass, felt strip and 5200. Its been about 15 years and they still do not leak.

The reason the lead is the felt/rubber rotted and the old caulking became hard and cracked. As added protection from rain/wind and act as storm windows each winter I screw plex a glass over the windows, which also eliminated/reduces condensation was also a problem on the interior.

You could also try the Roughwater site https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RoughwaterBoats/info

Back
Top Bottom