Topic drift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayview

Guru
The trawler definition thread morphed into old cars and the GPS thread became an ultra light thread. Is this kind of wandering off course the norm on these forums? Even my wife's lunch group eventually returns to the original topic.

Greetings,
Mr. b. Thread creep seems to be the norm on TF. I think other forums tend to police topics more and it DOES make searching for all the answers on a particular topic nigh on impossible but TF mimics everyday conversation more closely than others.

Guess you haven't been here long enough to know its inevitable.

This topic has gone four posts without drifting...

Just curious is a single engine better then a twin? Also how big should my anchor be and what type?

[Art discusses merits of twin gasoline power with numerous emoticons]

[Manyboats goes on to talk about how superior the claw is]

[Northern Spy adds snide comments with little or no value]

Also is a lower helm better then a flybridge?

The trawler definition thread morphed into old cars and the GPS thread became an ultra light thread. Is this kind of wandering off course the norm on these forums? Even my wife's lunch group eventually returns to the original topic.

The trawler definition thread was one guaranteed to drift. That was ultimately the only way to retain sanity. Long ago during the course of the thread there was nothing more to discuss. The drift actually reflected accurately that it's just opinion and no absolute answer. It's bothersome perhaps when threads shift off topic in the middle of a real discussion of a topic. But when a thread that's on the path to nowhere, that has run it's course, then morphs into something else, it's just board participants having a little fun. So I believe there are two very different types of drift and nothing wrong with the way the Trawler thread went.

Keen found out real racing is a lot harder than theater.

True statement. I've been following Ken since one of his co-workers (screen name of Pickle) introduced me to him through the old SpeedVision boards. He never imagined these theatrics vids as being anymore than a resume for a seat in a race car or some movie stunt work.

I lost the "Drift" of the thread.:lol: What was the original question? Let me know I think I have an opinion.:dance:
Al:D

I lost the "Drift" of the thread.:lol: What was the original question? Let me know I think I have an opinion.:dance:
Al:D

Al…you stop trying to mimic Art..! :so cool: :dance: :lol: :rofl: :thumb:

Al…you stop trying to mimic Art..! :so cool: :dance: :lol: :rofl: :thumb:

Wifey B:

Plato said, "Art is imitation, and that's bad.

Aristotle said, "Art is imitation, and that's all right, even good.

But neither spoke directly as to imitation of art. However, I've got it:

Imitation of Art is bad, which is all right, even good.

Greetings,
[RTF inserts GIF having nothing to do with the topic but causes uncontrolled laughter from the people who actually understand it's meaning....]
butterfly2.gif

And I think it's been discussed before, it's thread creep not topic drift....

Last edited:
[Oliver talks about how he runs his generator everywhere he goes]

There are plenty of threads that would be of no interest to me if not for the possibility of drift.

Keep it up boys, you are getting close to (Bridge to Nowhere)
Al

Keep it up boys, you are getting close to (Bridge to Nowhere)
Al

Current status of "bridge" to nowhere:

232323232%7Ffp73487%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D396%3A%3C365%3C5336nu0mrj

Providing car ferry service between Angel Island and Tiburuon, CA. Previously seen carrying a garbage truck.

img_244276_0_914b0a8c5d6b6b54c5b66f814ff2941c.jpg

It's called Flying Bridge.

Which leads someone to talk about flying and airplanes.

Yes, but FAA regs mandate that I can't call it a flying bridge due to people getting confused on the radio and ais whether I'm a plane or boat. Given you have an ais which everybody should have.
Plus bridge tenders And the department of transportation would get confused too.

Back
Top Bottom