Summer Rendezvous planned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yknot

Is anyone along the gulf coast planning a summer rendezvous for this forum? Are there forum members who "regularly" gather?

Since the admiral and I are new to this forum I thought I'd ask the question. I know the Hatteras Forum has a rendezvous scheduled in May in Orange Beach, AL.

Food for thought....

Ynot, we haven't really thought about it. This site has kind of grown from cult status and slowly growing more mainstream. Probably the largest concentration of members is in Texas....simply because that is where the founders of this site are from. It would likely have to be more a local grass roots sort of thing since people aren't likely to travel long distances....but who knows. Would be open to suggestions...

Last year and the year before a group of us trawler fans in Louisiana got together to talk about our boats, travels, boat projects and future plans. We made a BBQ of it, BYOL style and very informal. Some brought computers with charts or running slide shows of trips and projects. The first year it was at a farm camp building, the next year at one of the homes on a bayou with a couple of trawlers at the dock. It was all very informal and lots of fun I imagine we'll do it again this year.
Steve W.

A great time was had by all!

I'd love to be included in one of these get togethers. Just let me know where and when. The only conflict I know of right now is my youngest graduates High School in mid May.

Back
Top Bottom