3m 4200 caulk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Is there anyway to save partial used tube for just a few days:banghead:

Thanks Shoalwaters never have tried that .Do I need to seal off the nozzel or will it all stay good even waht's in the nozzel ?

Stick a long screw or bolt (a couple inches or so) in the end first.

I also try to keep several, clean cartridge nozzles around. If the calk has set up in the nozzle, I have found I can unscrew the old one and sometimes (up to several months) the caulk in the tube is still good. You can also buy spare 3M nozzles but they're around $1-2 each.

Stick a long screw or bolt (a couple inches or so) in the end first.

I also try to keep several, clean cartridge nozzles around. If the calk has set up in the nozzle, I have found I can unscrew the old one and sometimes (up to several months) the caulk in the tube is still good. You can also buy spare 3M nozzles but they're around $1-2 each.

That is what I found as well ... stick something into the nozzle long enough that reached into the tube for storage. Collect/buy new nozzles and the tube can be reused a few times over a period of few weeks. If you let the caulk in used nozzle cure, it does not stick to the plastic well and you can remove the caulk plug cleanly and reuse the nozzle.

After that, the partially hardened tube is still good for dipping the screws ... just drive them into the tube in soft spot and you can squeeze out more caulk.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom