Hola from Conall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conall63

Vessel Name
Homegrown
Vessel Make
Roberts TY 43
Greetings all,

I'm Conall, and had been posting on this site a few years ago, but drifted away. I've been building a 48' trawler in my barn, and she's getting close to be able to move to the balance sheet, so I thought I'd give up the lurking thing and start being active again.

I have a blog of my build @ Conall's Boat Build. If no one would mind, I'll post updates as things go together, and for sure would appreciate input and advice.

She's been moved from the barn to a boat yard where I'm finishing her out. If all goes close to planned, I might have her in the water this July. Here' what she looked like right after we landed the superstructure and before the window package went in.

Cheers,

Conall

Attachments

• DSCN1576 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN1576 (640x480).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 224
WOW, she looks great! Congratulations.

I second the Wow!
Looking forward to more pix. I'll visit your blog as well.

That's my kind boat...congrats and welcome back

Conall,

Last week I finished reading your blog from the start until the last post. It took a couple of weeks of reading but it was well worth the time. You have done a great job with the build. :thumb: Very impressed with the paint job. I think I have the same hydraulic wood splitter and I LMAO when I saw what you did with it. :thumb:

I can't wait to see the boat in the water, and I know at this point, you want that boat in the water more than I! :rofl:

We live in a rural area and we have thought of doing a build in a barn. A big issue would be getting the boat from the barn, down the driveway to the road. The driveway and road are gravel and the driveway has some steep sections with a few tight curves. Your posts about getting the boat to the road were rather interesting to me. :rofl:

Your blog and Peter's Diesel Duck/Swan were awesome to read and you both added little features that were so obvious yet I have not seen on other boats. :facepalm:

I really appreciate the time you have taken to blog your build. The blog is a very enjoyable and educational read. I stayed up reading far past my normal bed time reading the blog. I just had to see what happened next. :rofl: I know that blog was a major work effort on your part and I appreciate your time.

Thank you for the blog!
Dan

Welcome back mate.
Nice job , really enjoy seeing owner builders building great boats.
Must get in and read all your blog
Cheers
Benn

Thanks to all.

Blogging about the build sort of has become another motivator. If I don't post in the blog for a while it's usually due to not finishing a project. Emails will start to show up asking about updates, so getting a project to a stage that's "bloggable", sort of pushes me. Another interesting thing about maintaining a blog are the conversations I have from other back yard builders around the world. Russia seems to be an area where back yard builders exist, and I have a two fellows whom I converse with on a somewhat regular basis.

Cheers,

Conall

I've been following your Blog for a while now, can't wait to see more updates. Your craftsmanship is awesome. I too have drawn up my own boat build but lack of funds and ability stops me unless I hit the lottery, I've have to settle for my Californian which I enjoy immensely but one can dream.

Wow

Man you have a lot of talent. Very good looking job.

Now that is very impressive. Great Blog.

And as has already been said, welcome back.

Fantastic build....awesome style. Can''t wait to read you blog. Thanks for coming back!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom