Bellingham Ram mic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hypersloth

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Rejuvenator
Vessel Make
34 Californian
Anyone in the area of Bellingham have a Stanard Horizon I can plug my Ram mic into? The PO cut the cable running to the flybridge and before I blow 60 bucks on a new one I'd like to know its not just the internal fuse or radio proper that need attention.

I'm about three thousand miles away so that's not going to help, but I've dealt with Standard Horizon's customer service and they seem very helpful. You could call them and tell them what problems you are having and ask for their suggestions.

Does the radio work with the other microphone?

Well, I am also very far away, but I happen to have an operating RAM mike tha Has been in a drawer at home for several years. It works and you can have it for very very cheap plus the cost of shipping from Ct if you'd like. Just let me know via the address below.
jay.leonard@norgren.com

Be sure it's the exact microphone. A couple years ago my buffer and my Ram mic cord got into a fight and the cord lost. I could not find a replacement mic anywhere (it's an older radio) so I called SH. The best they could do was sell me an ivory colored cable (mine was black). I had to paint the cable and solder the new cable to the connector and microphone. They were nice enough to send me a wiring diagram.

Anyone in the area of Bellingham have a Stanard Horizon I can plug my Ram mic into? The PO cut the cable running to the flybridge and before I blow 60 bucks on a new one I'd like to know its not just the internal fuse or radio proper that need attention.
I just replaced the SH Nova and a Ram mic with GX-2150 with a Ram. I had to cut the old cable to remove and the new one to install, it was not a problem to make the splice, just follow the color code. I used solder and heat shrink to make the repair and the Ram mic controls work perfectly.

I have a model CMP23W mic, the bulkhead mount and cabling, old but new, not used. I am in Birch Bay, just north of you. If they will work and you want them make me an offer. Dan. 3606566774

Back
Top Bottom