Slip huggers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
"Rolling stones gather no moss", but slip huggers do. That's the boat next door to me that has not moved in years. The other one is a slip hugger bein' towed to a boat yard.

Attachments

• March 15th Racw 002 (1280x960).jpg
    March 15th Racw 002 (1280x960).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 185
  • March 15th Racw 001 (1280x960).jpg
    March 15th Racw 001 (1280x960).jpg
    202 KB · Views: 212
It would be ok if they were taken care of, but most of the time they look awful.

Yep, a walk down the dock will reveal the shattered dreams, and in some cases the fulfilled dreams of more than a few boat owners.

Every boat has a story.

Some have made their owners very happy over the years, and the owner just holds on to the boat because its the easy thing to do.

Some represent dreams that never came true.

Ha..
In the Pacific Nor Wet a boat can grow that stuff in a month.. use or no use!

But is is sad the boats that sit unused in the slip year after year.

There was a Ocean Alexander in my old marina that my dock neighbor said had sat untouched for over 10 years.. it went on the market and I think it had 120 original hours.. on a early 1980's boat!.

I think it sold for $ 20,000

I think there is a boat in the boat yard here in P.T. that has sat there for the 20 years I have been here... has to be over $500.. a month!.. Never been touched.

HOLLYWOOD

The boat being towed is a 45 foot Ocean Alexander.

Attachments

• March 15th Racw 004 (1280x960).jpg
    March 15th Racw 004 (1280x960).jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 193
The boat being towed is a 45 foot Ocean Alexander.

Can't see any boat being towed to be honest. Were you pointing the camera in the wrong direction..?:whistling:

I think he meant the white one with black canvas ... is about to be towed away.
Starboard to starboard ... just a guess ... ???

Last edited:
You are right, the white one with the black canvas. The boat was in the slip stern-first so it had to be towed out that way, brought into the fairway and then turned around.

Moss? You want moss? I got moss... And I always wondered where old snowmobiles went to die. Petersburg 2007

Attachments

• ALASKA PETERSBERG 002.jpg
    ALASKA PETERSBERG 002.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 140
  • ALASKA PETERSBERG 005.jpg
    ALASKA PETERSBERG 005.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 138
Let me explain more better. The vessel was taken out of the slip in a side-tie with the bow of the boat even with the stern of the towboat. They then took the vessel out into the fairway and turned it around for the tow to the yard.

Moss? You want moss? I got moss... And I always wondered where old snowmobiles went to die. Petersburg 2007

I saw this same boat in Petersburg last summer. It really has some moss on it now!!!

That boat pict twists my wittle stomach into a knot! :facepalm:

I get a mite emotional when a little lady gets that abused and then left naked for all to guffaw at! :cry:

Dig a Ditch and Bury the Bitch! Cried Barnacle Bill the Sailor!!! :eek: :thumb:

Bix Beiderbecke - Barnacle Bill the Sailor - YouTube

I saw this same boat in Petersburg last summer. It really has some moss on it now!!!

But it's gone now - at last!

They tore out the 50-some year old floats in the north harbor in August, and should be well on the way to dredging deeper and installing new floats by now. Part of the process was to dispose of derelicts. They were towing that one away when I came through on the way south.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom