Maretron Monitoring Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
On a related note and new things, is anyone out there using Maretron Monitoring Systems?

It seems a good way to be able to slowly upgrade my monitoring systems in an affordable way.

Also I am really impressed with the writing of their product catalog, as it as a lot of descriptive detail in how to use and install their products.

I've been doing a little research into fuel flow monitoring myself. Looking forward, I'd like whatever I buy to be NMEA 2000 compatible. I already have one MFD that can display fuel information, and when my NMEA 2000 network is built out I'll be able to plug in others, or a laptop.

Much as I've always liked FloScan, I'm leaning toward a Maretron system. Two FFM110s at $395 each, and two pairs of sensors ($790/pair) for a total system cost of $2,370. It looks like a simpler system to install, no dampeners.

I'll probably call FloScan and see if they can match this; I'm struggling to find their prices on line for a complete system for twin diesels. Best I can come up with is a pair of "cruisemaster" systems ($700 each), which include a monitor/gauge and a pair of sensors. But if I'm reading this correctly, I'd still need a pair of FloNet interface hubs ($1,200 each) to get NMEA 2000 out. Not sure I even want the gauges, but it looks like that's what the sensors talk to. I'd be more interested in their dual tach in a single gauge, but I don't think it has the "smarts" to read the sensors.

I've been using Maretron gear for a few years now, and keep growing the system just like you describe. It's really good stuff. A bit pricey, but no worse than most others out there, and it really is all top quality. They also provide pretty regular updates to fix the odd issue that comes up, and to add new features.

On my new boat I'm expanding the system yet again over what I have today.

I also agree that their documentation is first rate. Very thorough, and very educational.

Thanks guys.

It's always good to have my first impressions resolved.

Yes, the nmea2000 compatibility is a big part of this.

Having a solid state weather instrument for only $200 more than the Davis is what got me started with this.

But I'm just blown away by the documentation.
Richard

Back
Top Bottom