Gale force winds in the PNW starting last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshillam

Guru
Vessel Name
Our Heaven
Vessel Make
1997 4800 Navigator
This is a short video I took this afternoon. Does the weather no justice. We watched waves breaking against the jerry protecting our little moorage.

Last edited:
This is a short video I took this afternoon. Does the weather no justice. We watched waves breaking against the jerry protecting our little moorage.

Can't view it..............:confused: Thanks for fixing.

Last edited:
Ok fixed. Took a few tries.

My scuppers need some attention, I had about ten gallons of water in the laz last night due to a few cracks and the wave braking against the swimstep.

Had the same weather here in Campbell River - winds to 55 MPH (sorry, my wind meter is in MPH not knots.) Lots of action but the biggest thing was the noise.

My scuppers need some attention, I had about ten gallons of water in the laz last night due to a few cracks and the wave braking against the swimstep.

No bilge pump in the laz? :eek:

Ted

There is a bilge but it sits just about an inch above the bottom of the laz so it can collect quite a bit of water prior to it kicking on. I just manually evacuated it. I am going to be replacing the scuppers and working on finding the leaks for a dry laz.

Look at the winds and wave heights off the coast of washington..24' +

...15' at the entrance of the straits

Yikes...
Hollywood

Look at the winds and wave heights off the coast of washington..24' +

...15' at the entrance of the straits

Yikes...
Hollywood

Seems pretty tame to me. Rock-a-by-baby ...

Check NDBC buoy 46029. Columbia River Buoy. AIS show several ships standing by off of the Columbia river. Bar is closed even to ships when seas exceed 20 feet. I cannot imagine how miserable it must be to be on a ship just jilling around in that kind of conditions.........

Meanwhile, Sweet Pea is safe in her marina.

Hmm. . . Maybe that explains why I had 3 plastic garbage bins and a couple of lids pinned against my garage door this morning. The address on one of the lids was from nearly a mile away, but it didn't fit any of the cans. I'll have to return the lid. . . at least the owner will know the direction their bin went. lol :facepalm:

We'll see if pasting a link to our Facebook page works... We had 50mph gusts the other night. Woke up to find a Tolly 40 had dragged her mooring all the way across the bay here in Port Ludlow and ended up across from us and wedged against the outer dock. She missed us by about 50 feet...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=723197641026309&set=pcb.723201877692552&type=1&theater

Hey, it worked! Hit the next or previous button to see the angle from our boat.

Back
Top Bottom