In Search Of Nordhavn #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Llc

Thanks John. Can you expand a bit on why you chose to go with an Llc? And did your banker and insurer accept this?
Greg

Good question, we took the LLC route on all three Nordhavn's and the new Helmsman 38E under construction. The primary reason for doing so on the first boat was to use the LLC and take the boat out of state for a period of time to avoid paying state sales tax. The other boats we kept in California and paid the sales tax (ouch). Other benefits we realized is the LLC helps with resale. We can market and sell the boat to anyone who can now keep the boat in California without paying sales tax. This we believe pays for the cost the LLC and makes for a quicker resale. The LLC also provides one more layer of liability protection. We are not attorneys and relying on what we were told so this is not intended to be advice of any kind.

WE never incurred any issues with banks or insurance companies using this approach. You may be interested in following our thread here on TF under Customer Builds / Retro-fits, Contract Signed New Build Underway. It walks you through our current new boat build process.

John

Craig,
Indeed I misunderstood. And I'm not pleased w many many thread titles. They are so frequently misleading and many actually give no clue as to what the thread's about and that should be the reason for the thread title. I keep hoping that will change but it dos'nt appear likely that it will. Many are more interested in making the title cute or a guessing game. Nix on comunication.
I'd like for the moderators to read the begining of the thread and change the title to comunicate what the thread is about.
I usually don't click on a thread that's vague or w/o any clue at all. Only if I'm bored.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom