Any Plan2Nav experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobH

Guru
Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Whitby 42
Finally got past all the hassle of buying a chart for the Plan2Nav app on my Android tablet. Bought the East Coast/Bahamas chart. Looking at some areas I'm familiar with around Miami I noticed that none of the bridges show clearances. Emailed tech support about two weeks ago with no response so far.

Anyone noticed similar problems?

Bob

I have been trying p2n ever since Jeff at AC recommended it. Wait for an update. Not ready for prime time now. Too many bugs.

David

We just used it during a week long trip and I recall saying at one point that it "just paid for itself". I does take a but of patience getting used to the interface and getting the "hidden Android manual online helped.

Dave

We too have been experimenting with it since Jeff (AC) announced it.

So far, seems to work fine... but our usage has been as casual back-up to the installed chartplotter/GPS... so we haven't "stress tested" it, so to speak.

I see the bridge clearance next to our marina isn't shown (bridge is on the chart, but clearance is "0.0 feet"), but clearance for the Chesapeake Bay bridge just north of here is listed. When some bridge clearances aren't shown, I'd maybe expect that to be a chart issue (C-Map?) versus P2N (software) issue?

FWIW, I just checked the NOAA raster and vector charts MapMedia creates for use in booth Furuno's NAVnet 3D system and MaxSea's TimeZero. Both show vertical clearance for the little bridge next door. I don't have another way to check C-Map charts to see whether their normal charts have the data or not.

-Chris

Last edited:
So where is the "hidden" Android manual?

Bob

Back
Top Bottom