Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   Electrical and Electronics & Navigation (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s4/)
-   -   Buyer Beware - Mermaid Ice Maker (http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s4/buyer-beware-mermaid-ice-maker-1146.html)

marinetrader 10-18-2009 06:33 AM

Buyer Beware - Mermaid Ice Maker

I purchased a Mermaid Ice Maker in October of 2008 for our trawler.* The unit quit making ice in September of 2009 so I sent the unit back to the factory for repairs under warranty. They returned the unit but it was still not repaired.

Attempts to get a replacement have failed.* My warranty expires next week.

Mermaid obviously does not honor their own warranty!

MT

FF 10-18-2009 07:04 AM

RE: Buyer Beware - Mermaid Ice Maker

Mermaid obviously does not honor their own warranty!

And my administration will be transparent , BO.

Baker 10-23-2009 09:53 PM

Sorry to hear this MT. Thanks for the heads up. No one I know of complains of their Uline.....maybe that would be the way to go.

Daddyo 10-26-2009 10:18 PM

File a complaint with the Attorney General for your state, that should help get there attention.

Codger2 10-27-2009 09:41 AM

MT:

I had a U-Line in my last boat and one in my present boat. No trouble with either one.

dwhatty 10-27-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

SeaHorse II wrote:

MT:

I had a U-Line in my last boat and one in my present boat. No trouble with either one.

Walt: Where did you find space for it? I keep thinking of one but I'd have to put it in the Lazarette.

Codger2 10-27-2009 08:59 PM

Buyer Beware - Mermaid Ice Maker

1 Attachment(s)
Dave:

Just inside the rear door, port side, there was a liquor cabinet, complete with glass holders, etc. After gutting the cabinet, the U-Line fit great and it was over a fresh water line. (Engine Room) I bought a GE filter and plumbed it into the water line and connected to the ice maker with 1/4" nylon tubing. There was also a 110V receptacle on the rear bulkhead* which the U-Line shares with the TV. Works great and since my refrigerator is a sears (110V) I run with the inverter on.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 09:01:36 PM

koliver 10-28-2009 08:08 PM

Interesting use of the designed in liquor cabinet. When I got my boat, there was a big liquor cabinet under the helm seat. So big I would have had trouble finding enough liquor to fill it. The boat needed a big red Waterloo tool chest, so the liquor cabinet became a tool cabinet. From the outside, you would never know. Pull it out and you are in business! Anyone actually use the designed liquor cabinet for liquor?

C lectric 11-07-2009 08:50 AM

Yeah, but the bottle sure is lonely.

dwhatty 11-07-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

koliver wrote:

Interesting use of the designed in liquor cabinet. When I got my boat, there was a big liquor cabinet under the helm seat. So big I would have had trouble finding enough liquor to fill it. The boat needed a big red Waterloo tool chest, so the liquor cabinet became a tool cabinet. From the outside, you would never know. Pull it out and you are in business! Anyone actually use the designed liquor cabinet for liquor?

Our boat has a liquor cabinet that is too small for the amount of liquor we have to put in it.