Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (
-   Californian (
-   -   tank sight brand gauge (

nsp597 08-28-2013 08:38 PM

tank sight brand gauge
was trying out this gauge today. had no idea if working. as I said it is a tank sight brand. has four buttons that seem to act like air pumps. one for starboard fuel , then port fuel, then water tank. last is black water. buttons are vertical, with gauge on left. anyone know about these? when buttons are pushed in the needle peg to the right then settles at about 3rd. dot. little difference all tanks. thanks, JIM

rochepoint 08-28-2013 10:03 PM

Any photos you could post of the gauge?

nsp597 09-02-2013 03:01 PM

will post some soon

BobH 09-02-2013 05:23 PM

Sounds like a Tank Tender or something similar. There is a tube down inside each tank. You pump in air until all the fluid is displaced and the pressure reading is the head pressure of the fluid. Knowing the density of the fluid this translates to fluid level.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012