Surviving Disaster (at sea)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
If any of you have seen the show "Surviving Disaster" tonight's episode is about surviving at sea in storms or capsized boats. It comes on Spike TV at 2300 Eastern, 2200 Central time. From the earlier episodes I've seen, this guy (A former Navy seal) is right on with his survivial techniques. Should be interesting.

I happened to watch the show last night, scared me to death and gave me night mares, but very informative.* A couple of things I would have or due differently.* They did not have a sea anchor for the boat to keep the bow into the waves/wind, did not have a dig bag already ready,they did not Pan Pan when they knew they where in trouble*and they called for help/May Day way to late as the boat was doing down. *

It was a very good informative show and I leaned quite a lot.*Some thing to think about.*Thanks for recommending!*

I learned some new stuff too. Always on the lookout for goofs, I caught a big one I think. The host of the show, an "ex-Navy seal" refered to fenders as "bumpers".
confuse.gif
WTF?

I've only seen the first 30 minutes but I had some problems with the program too.* Like, when do you put on the PFD's, secure the ship, discuss the drill, etc.* Me?* As soon as I see that black horizon coming at me, not when we're on the verge of foundering.* Maybe it's my sailing days* ... "Q: when should you reef the main? A: the first time you think about it."

That said, there were a few interesting tips that I'll remember.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom