Came back to Calgary for a break from the water...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need an airboat................. water is a little skinny for an NT42.
Hope my brothers house is OK, he lives in Redwood Meadows.

Last edited:
You need an airboat................. water is a little skinny for an NT42.

I suppose! Although there are lots of places where the NT would be just fine depthwise, but sure couldn't handle the flow rates!

Been watching the TV about it all morning, really ugly. Hope you are fine.

We're okay here Mike - thanks. Some minor basement flooding, but nothing like what so many others are experiencing.

My son, who works in a graphics shop, wasn't allowed anywhere near the place as it is inside a mandatory evacuation site. The concern is the millions of dollars of equipment sitting inside a building that does not have flood proof doors. What building does? A microcosm of what is happening all over the city.

Flood plains are always a dodgy place to live. Makes sense to have a farm there, as periodic flooding makes the land more fertile. Not such a great place for subdivisions or downtown cores though.

Oh, and pipelines have a habit of rupturing during floods. Best of luck...

Last edited:
Flood plains are always a dodgy place to live. Makes sense to have a farm there, as periodic flooding makes the land more fertile. Not such a great place for subdivisions or downtown cores though.

Oh, and pipelines have a habit of rupturing during floods. Best of luck...

Thanks Murray. Of course every place you build will have some drawbacks, although as you point out, there are are some very expensive houses in Calgary that common sense would suggest should never have been sited where they are.

There was an H2S laden pipeline rupture yesterday but it was sealed off quite quickly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom