SeaHorse II is on the Hard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Hauled out this morning for a bottom job and prop buffing. :)blush:) Nielsen-Beaumont is a newly remodeled yard in San Diego, on Shelter Island. Beautiful facility operated by "old friends."

These photos are all "before: pics. "Afters" will be posted in the next day or two.

Attachments

• IMG_4769.jpg
    IMG_4769.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4773.jpg
    IMG_4773.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4787.jpg
    IMG_4787.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 164
Doesn't look like you need either from those pics.

But I do think you need your topsides buffed as I think that I see a small blem near the stbd bow. :eek: :D

You gotta use that thing Walt. How often does your diver do the bottom, it looks great "before?" I've seen some SoCal haul outs where the bottom looks like a garden, what is your secret?

Looks great! Did you premix some Roundup in your bottom paint? :hide:

What's that fan on your bow? Something to keep the Capt cool during docking?

But I do think you need your topsides buffed as I think that I see a small blem near the stbd bow. :eek: :D
That's the drain for the anchor locker! :blush:

How often does your diver do the bottom, it looks great "before?"
My diver is Brian (owner) of "Dockside Divers" & it only took me 5 divers to find him. He does such a good job that I'd recommend him to anyone. (Every 4 weeks) I called him right after the boat was on the hard to compliment him. I agree, it doesn't look like I need a bottom job but it's getting one anyway. :blush:

PS That's almost a full 3 years since the last paint.

Are you getting the non-copper paint or the good stuff?
The good stuff which I won't mention here.:nonono: Ralph, you would love this yard. Stop in and say hello to Bill Campbell and tell him I sent you. (He'll probably throw you out.)http://dockside-divers.com/

Last edited:
Well...........I had hoped to show you the bright red bottom (blister free!) and a buffed out bronze prop but when I arrived at the yard this morning at 8:45, she was already in the water and waiting for me.

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 127
Immaculate boat. Think mine is getting a white boot stripe after seeing yours. Looks really good.

Immaculate boat.
No, not really. The inside needs some TLC as I removed a lot of crap the PO had installed. Venetian blinds, sears refrigerator, little screw holes in the teak where wall hangings, etc. used to be. Cabin sole should be refinished and some varnishing redone inside the windshields. :mad:

I think the boat is nice...but not immaculate.

No, not really. The inside needs some TLC as I removed a lot of crap the PO had installed. Venetian blinds, sears refrigerator, little screw holes in the teak where wall hangings, etc. used to be. Cabin sole should be refinished and some varnishing redone inside the windshields. :mad:

Is the hull gelcoat or paint?

I can tell you must be OCD like me...

;)

Walt, that looks like a Smart Rail system applied to the bow just above the boot stripe? I put them on our Mainship Pilot, and reduced spray about 60-70%.

Is the hull gelcoat or paint?
The hull is 8 year old Cook Epoxy Paint.

The only non fly bridge, blue/black hulled boat that I've seen that looks better than mine is Don Moon's "Moonstruck." (IMHO of coarse and he is not allowed in our marina.) :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_4788.jpg
    IMG_4788.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Walt, that looks like a Smart Rail system applied to the bow just above the boot stripe? I put them on our Mainship Pilot, and reduced spray about 60-70%.
I didn't even know I had them for about a month after I bought the boat. You're so right! They really reduce the water that wants to climb the hull.

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpg
    IMG_2114.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 87
What's your thoughts on Imron?
Before I sold out my partnership in my old company, we had a Cessna Citation that was painted with Imron and it was fantastic! Lasted a long time and still looked good when we sold the plane.

Heresy! Heresy, I say. (The only thing wrong with her has been pointed out by both Flywright and myself several times).

The only non fly bridge, blue/black hulled boat that I've seen that looks better than mine is Don Moon's "Moonstruck." (IMHO of coarse and he is not allowed in our marina.) :blush:

It's safe to say that (he is not allowed in your marina) as he is far, far away on the East coast. But watch out! At his Maine built superior speed, he could be there in a couple of days, even if he had to round the Horn in bad weather. :D

Cook gelcoat?

It's safe to say that (he is not allowed in your marina) as he is far, far away on the East coast. But watch out! At his Maine built superior speed, he could be there in a couple of days, even if he had to round the Horn in bad weather. :D

Under the cover of darkness Moonstruck has been known to pull into harbors when least expected.

Heresy! Heresy, I say. (The only thing wrong with her has been pointed out by both Flywright and myself several times).
And that is...............

Cook gelcoat?
All I know is that the paperwork that came with the boat indicated that it had been sprayed with "Cook Epoxy Paint." Whatever it is, paint or gel coat, it's held up very well.

Attachments

• IMG_4779.jpg
    IMG_4779.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom