Alternative to teak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluejacket

Hello, looking for some help to finding an alternative to 1/2 round teak used on the exterior on my seaway. I personally don’t like the look and was hoping to find like a stainless product that would serve the same purpose. Any websites or manufacturers would be appreciated. I added a picture so folks know what I’m talking about. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4591.jpg
    IMG_4591.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 34
I will be removing my teak deck at the end of the season and replacing it by Marinedeck 2000, produced by Stazo in the netherlands. It is a cork based deck option, water resistant and still durable, will remain cool in hot weather.

Reason why I have to do that is the former owner of the boat painted the teak with non flexible paint. Paint cracked, water went in the cracks, could not evaporate and the teak ,plus deck below started to rot. Can't say I am very happy.

Thanks everyone. All good options. I may try stainless from a local machine shop. Shipping was crazy expensive on the fisherie site.

If you are replacing the teak because it is badly worn you could go over the Homestead Hardwoods in Vickery and dig through the teak pile. Cut a length of teak square and shape it by hand to a half round and replace it. There are plenty of options here in Ohio. McMaster Carr might have something in Cleveland. I know we buy stainless at the plant in Avon Lake. I could check where we get it.

Hello, looking for some help to finding an alternative to 1/2 round teak used on the exterior on my seaway. I personally don’t like the look and was hoping to find like a stainless product that would serve the same purpose. Any websites or manufacturers would be appreciated. I added a picture so folks know what I’m talking about. Thanks
Half-round stainless rib rail would work pretty well. The curve might be a little challenging to bend, but someone familiar with forming stainless should be able to do it.

The boats coming out of storage in a few weeks. Let me see how bad it is and take some pictures and post. See what you guys think. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom